Suddenly, swine flu is out of the media. I was wondering when it would run away, and lo, it has.The media is such a joke nowadays. Nothing but ratings and sensationalism with no regard to bringing people facts and information.
But, you reap what you sow, and the general public are a gaggle of idiots that can barely feed themselves anymore.
As for Father's visit...well. It was not the best of times. Seems that age and solitude have turned my father into an even bitter curmudgeon then he was before.
I found the Peking duck place., aptly named, Peking Gourmet Inn. He argues with me for days before our reservation, that this is not the place, and I was mistaken, drive me past it, this was not even the right area, it does not look like the place, you are wrong....etc etc.
We get there, walk inside, bam, it is the place. I feel vindicated. But did he like the duck? Nope. It was not the same, it was not as good, it was blah blah blah....
No pleasing the man, I swear.
He wanted to see the museums, but when I would get up early, he would not get up till 11am, then demand we get breakfast, then hit the museums at 2pm. Mind you, the museums close at 5pm. We would get there, he would not know which museum to go to, he would tell me to choose one, I would tell him that I live here, he needs to find one he wants to go to. It was a big annoying time.
Still, it was nice to have Father over, even if it was for a short time, and I had to leave for Boston a few hours before his flight.
I was in Boston for three weeks. It was wonderful out there. I got back this past Monday.
Finally Bottled my Blonde. It had been about 4 weeks in the secondary fermentor. Now it will sit for another 3 weeks in the bottle. I hope it carbonates well.
1 comment:
Pooh comic, hilarious. Swine flu, the media had too much hype. I knew from the start that we should be more afraid of regular flu than swine flu. Swine flu has been around for decades, there are many flu strands anyhow. Your father visiting you, it gives me a chuckle seeing how he reacts in any situation. I would've found a newer Asian restaurant for Peking duck. I've had some really good duck. That Peking duck hype was about as exaggerated as the swine flu 'pandemic.'
Post a Comment