Tuesday, October 25, 2011

MiPhone?

Today I ruined a woman's day.   

How?  

Today at work one of the construction spotted my iPhone siting on the window sill of the office trailer.  She asked me if I could help her because she just got the new iPhone 4s and did not know to get her gmail contacts to download. 

So, I told her I would take a look.  After doing a little research, I told her to delete her gmail account from the phone and reenter it as an exchange account but to wait until she had a better signal as where the jobsite is located the signal is weak. 

Then I told her I would just use Siri to leave a reminder for her.  She had no idea was Siri was or how to use the phone at all. 

I try to get Siri to pop up, but it just goes to voice command.  After I do a quick search I find out that you have to turn it on from the settings menu.  Well, I go there and I cannot find the on switch.  It is then that I start to suspect something.  I ask her again if she is sure it is a 4s.  She tells me she took it out of the box last night, brand new Sprint phone with the 4s on the side and that it was a gift. 

So, I then go to the about page for the phone and notice that it only has 8 gigs of memory.  Turns out the 4s minimum gigs are 16.  I tell her that she does not have a 4s just a 4 and show her the Sprint website and her memory.  She was shocked and looked betrayed! I felt a little bad for telling her.

Instantly, she was on the phone calling someone to tell them that her phone was not a 4s. 

I can only imagine I put someone in the doghouse today. 

Ignorance is bliss.  


No comments: