Saturday, April 22, 2006

Robaxin is the Shizznit!

Let me say, I am flying right now. Actually, I am sitting down at a chair, and not concerned that my back will hurt as soon as I get up. I am free to move with almost no back pain. Now the bad news; I find it difficult to concentrate on things. Most affected is my vocabulary. I can not drive a car. Driving a car while feeling like this is not a good idea. My whole body feels like there are invisible fingers massaging me. It feels awesome. Now I understand why people abuse medication. Who would not want to feel like this all the time?

Problem: nausea, temporary sub-moran brain activity, no beer.

Ok, here is a drugged up story for you.

Lastnight, while feeling like jello, I thought I would stop by the Cafe to see if anyone I knew was present. Scott was at my usual table talking to an attractive girl. I caught his attention and implied in that male subconscious way if it was cool if I joined them. He gave me the nod, and I sat down. I introduced myself to Kelly and she to me. We had good conversation about accents and such, she has a Midwestern/French accent. Turns out she was an art history Grad student. She was also from Indiana or France, to be honest, most of what was talked about I can not recall. Scott showed me a 5$ bill that he had which someone had written on with a sharpie. Lincoln had a word bubble which had him pontificating, "Impeach!" and on the reverse of the bill at his monument another bubble saying, "I said Impeach!" Naturally, I thought this was the coolest thing I have ever seen. If you had shown me a shiny penny I would have been equally entertained. I then proceeded to start writing on a 10$ bill I had making Hamilton say, "I loves me the Brown Sugar."
Anyway, Scott seems to think I have got game, which I don't, but perhaps more game then he does.... So Kelly starts messing with me because I am having difficulty talking and thinking. She was also a little tipsy. Well, then she says she has to go, and gets up to leave saying something about wanting French Fries? As she stands she demands my sharpie then she takes Scott's 5$ bill and writes her number on it. Now, I don't remember this, but Scott tells me that she was talking to me as she explained her number. She then bids us farewell, leaving the 5 bucks with her number on the table....between us. We looked at the bill then looked at each other. We are unsure as to who the intended receiver of her number was. Confused we were and Scott seems convinced that the number is for me. While I believe that the number is for him. Well, after talking about it for a while. He says that she is a grad student and since he is a professor, it rules him out. Well, I take the 5$ and the number and give him a new 5.

There are no scenarios for this. I am totally confused. Do I call her today? Do I call her Sunday? Do I call her Wednesday? Do I call her next Friday? I don't know. I have never received a woman's number before. What do I do?

I like this sort of problem, but my life was a lot easier with out the number.

Update:

Well, bad news. I ran into Kelly a couple minutes ago as she was getting a coffee to go. She didn't smile at all when she saw me and she said she had to go because she was 45 minutes late to something. She did not elaborate on what this something entailed. Nevertheless, I got the distinct impression that I was not the one who was supposed to call her. Oh well, shit happens. Maybe I will just sent her number into circulation into the whole river of money thing.

5 comments:

phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

Make sure the area code is included on that 5$ bill

new jack city said...

why don't you just call her and ask? that would be the simplest thing to do, worst she can say is no...

and, by the way, maybe she WAS late for something and was in a hurry. most people brush others off when that happens, i mean if you were late for something important, would you stop to talk to everyone you knew?

time to grow stones and use that number, jack. take the pills first, if you must. and by the way, i've taken my share of robaxin, and the effect you are experienceing is pretty much imaginary, if you want a real buzzz get some soma and vicodin at the same time

The D said...

No way was that imaginary. That stuff messed me up. But you were the Master, so who am I to question you?

And I would at least give someone a smile even if I were in a hurry.

new jack city said...

i'm not saying it was imaginary, just that it's one of the weakest muscle relaxers out there. (be thankful you didn't get flexaril, that'll give you nightmares like nothing else)

what if you were 45 minutes late for, say, the job interview that could change your life, or defending your thesis? give her the benefit of the doubt and call

The D said...

Well, Scott called her, and she came down the the cafe after I went home. They seemed to hit it off and he walked her to the Belmar. But he didnt go to the bar with her. Sometimes, his indecision makes me want to bitch slap him. Nevertheless, thursday a group of us are going out. She and scott were invited, but now scott is telling me that he has work to do. Kind of sad. This man does not want a gf.