Friday, February 22, 2008

Human Nematodes

I made the mistake of looking up some human parasites.

Specifically Ascariasis.

Oh man...the external links at the bottom of the page were what got me. The pictures, man, the pictures of such horribleness. What is worse is that as it turns out, many people have infestations of these worms and don't even know it! Even in the good old U.S. of A.

I tell you, after reading about that I started reading about Loa Loa, the African eye worm.

As one can imagine, I was disgusted with what I had read and felt like there were worms wiggling in my stomach and subcutaneous worms crawling all through me. Reading things like this make you want to examine and sift through your own feces for signs of infestation like some sort of crazed coprophiliac in a Roman toilet.

ew...aagh...blarg!

4 comments:

phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

I've heard of nematodes before... hmmm, poor hygeine... you could always get worms mixed with the fish you just bought at the market

Josue' said...

Nothing I read makes me want to sift through my feces. You can enjoy that process D if you feel so compelled. :p

There are for more things in this world we are not aware of than what science has in terms of discovery. I stil bring it back to the waste of NASA. How about dumping billions into earth? It's the whole mindset that the US wants to stake claim on discovery outside of earth for bragging rights. Shameful.

LiAlSi2O6 said...

I have a recurrent nightmares where these bubbles form on my skin and I start popping them and they are filled with white pus and hundreds of little segmented worms. Like and before I pop them my skin is stretched so tight that it is clear and I can see them squirming around in the the boil.

Anonymous said...

man that pic is a doozy