Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Neglect..again

I have been neglecting my blog too much. I miss being able to write down my words for all of three people to read.

I vow to update the blog at least once a week.

Sadly I have succom to that which has destroyed so many great rock bands over the years.

No, not heroin, Contentment.

"May I never be content, may I never be complete."

Words I had lived by for so many years. I still love Fight Club, and still would prefer to live in the world Tyler sees, but for the moment, allow me to live in this consumer purgatory. A place where I can buy a couch, and think that my couch is clever and it changes, and it is mine. However, I will remind you that I am not my couch, I am not my job, I am not the contents of my wallet.

Today, I found out that when you wear a fedora to the store, people smile when they see you, and others are more courteous. It is as if they remember a by gone era in which people wearing hats are to be treated with respect.

Still, I simply like the way I look in a hat.

I rearranged my apartment on monday, per my mothers suggestion. She was right, she usually is right. I have difficulty remember an incident in which she was wrong.

So, now I am on the prowl for a tv stand and a platform bed. Ikea has one that I really like, so I have been scanning craigslist for it. It has popped up a couple times, and I have missed it each time. Seems I am not the only one looking for a bad. I also need a new dresser, as I put my foot on one of the drawers and totally broke the drawer into pieces. Oh well, it was ugly anyway.

I was in Rochester this past weekend visiting family and friends.

It was wonderful to see people and hang out. Drink some beers with my brother and catch Binarian before he left for Bangladesh.

Was a nice time. The 8 hours in the car because I hit up a fiend area monday morning, totally sucked. If only there were an easier way.

1 comment:

phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

You're not the only one who has been neglecting