Oh, to be young. I am old. Old. Old. Old. Probably a little odd as well. Who am I kidding? I am very odd. Working nights has me all confused. I cannot seem to get my body to accept this new routine. I sat on my porch for about an hour on Saturday morning. I had just finished work and felt like listening to the sounds of birds chirping in the light of the rising sun.
Reading back on some of my old blog posts really makes me realize just how far I have come. This self reflective action also has the double edged sword of making me feel quite old. So much rage and sadness in my documented past. Now I feel as though I cannot be bothered to have a reaction.
A year and a few months ago I was shopping for wedding rings and pondering how I was going to tell my then girlfriends parents my intent to wed their daughter. How quickly things can change. At least I never purchased that ring.
I remember my father telling me how he had bought a ring for a woman and she had broken up with him so he went down to the beach and chucked the ring into the surf. Ah, my father, so melodramatic!
I need a vacation. I need to go somewhere new. Somewhere different.
No comments:
Post a Comment