A scream. Loud and frightened. This is how I woke up this morning. 7:26am is the time on the clock by my bed. I was startled awake by my neighbours nasty ass girlfriend screaming and something hitting the walls and his door. I get up and grab my cellphone with the intent of calling the police. I had previously talked to an Occifer about what I should do in this situation. He assured me that I would not be involved in anyway, but they would have my number if I used my phone.At this point I care not. I am searching the blue pages for the dispatchers number, which the constable told me to call. Frantic searching leaves me with no results.
I notice that it is quiet now....deathly silence. Soft weeping reaches my ears as they are pressed against my door. I think he left. I am not sure of this, but I decide to walk to the pay phone across the street. I take a shower, get dressed, then notice the time, I will miss my bus.
Each time I tell myself I will call the police...and each time I end up not doing it because the noise stops.
Enough, I will call them. This time I am sure. I have sought counsel with friends about the nasty events occurring on the other side of my wall. They have all agreed I should call the police. I will do it for my sake then for this stupid woman who stays with an abusive scumbag. I am tired of this shite.
People walk strange paths in life.
I feel like a coward. The situation will not change unless I act.
Tonight I will call if I hear anymore of this shite.
3 comments:
that number would be nine one one, D. you know i don't like the five-oh and that i've had my run-ins (my right hand was numb for a month from the cuffs), but as far as domestic violence goes, she won't leave him unless she's made to and you're not the one to do it so call. and then call your landlord and tell him the cops are on the way and why they're on the way. or, you could just move.
Call domestic abuse line and have them investigate. Or like a home for battered women or something. Plus, like he says, there's always 911. (or you could just introduce a 2x4 to the man's grill).
You better get the fire department with a bucket out there
Post a Comment