Saturday, October 29, 2005

We are Pop Rockin'

Today I was Locked in a Booth. A small room with padded walls and a window so as to look out at the world. When one is locked in a padded room, sound is very strange. It dies in your ears. It is as if sound doesn't have a chance.

I was laying down a bass track for The Binarian's Sister. She is laying down some tracks and for reasons that boggle me, they wanted me to supply some outside influence with some Bass. Some...Delicious Bass? It was interesting, Since it is one of those new fangled music studio, they didn't even need me to play a whole song down. All I needed to do was supply 4 measures of the Bass and they would just dub it over the whole song. As I commented I felt almost not needed...very useless. I commented that this must be how man felt when he first saw a vibrator.

Anyway, it was a nice day. I am glad to be out of Bingo for a small while. Most Especially this weekend. To spare myself stupid people and expiation, I made my choice to bow out. Spend time with people whose company I enjoy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice analogy. vibrators put guys like you and me out of business.

Brian Fagnan said...

D laying down the tracks. That is pretty sweet. I want to see your Halloween costum, I am sure you went out.