Click this link.....
http://www.bigskyastroclub.org/pale_blue_dot.htm
and read. I know not about you, but I have been moved in a way.
Oh, in case I didn't tell you before, I have talked myself into a new laptop from dell. They are replacing my current laptop with a more current version of their inspiron. How awesome is that?
Let this be a lesson to anyone who buys a computer from dell. Always get the three year warranty. It is so worth it. If I didn't have it, I would have been screwed over.
Unfortunately, Dell cannot ship the computer to me in Puerto Rico, so I had to have it shipped to my Brother in Rochester. Then I will wait a year till he actually gets off his ass to ship it to me.
You think I am kidding? He held onto a speaker set for our mother for 8 months. Eventually I had to take it in my luggage when I went to PR because he never shipped it.
7 comments:
Blue Dot, eh? So, there was some reading betwixt the lines.....it's all just perspective if you ax me:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Perspective_(visual)
.....i get the point....
Dell's (outside of the XPS or Alienware lines) are junk w/limited life spans. You said it as far as the extended warranty goes.... my ibook will be 5yrs old next month and it's still going strong...only thing I had to do was replace the main battery about 2yrs ago...maybe you'll get your machina by next winter...good luck
Sure thing, Maccle. And did your warranty cover your new battery? And I will have you know that my dell is not crap. It works fine. Nothing that a little more RAM would not fix..and a new fan.
Maccle?
I did not get the warranty on it since I knew I was buying a superior product and can fix most tech issues anyway. Warranties don't cover replacement batteries unless a recall is involved.
If you want another stunning image of that dot, see Phil Plait's top 10 astronomy images of 2006 (tinyurl.com/y5nnks) and check image #1.
Images 10-9 aren't that bad either.
Xcott, wonderful site, thanks. No I have not started reading the book, but I will. Josue, are you about the only person I know who has never had problems with their Mac. But I will leave you with a wonderful quote I read in a thread about the Iphone..
"the Macsturbaters would walk around with a payphone strapped to their back if it had an Apple logo on it."
So true...so true.
D,
How many people do you know? :p
That quote is lame. I'm no mac zealot; if I were I would not have an HP tower and a PC that I built sitting under my desk. I know problems CAN exist with macs, but as I said, battery replacement (after 3yrs) has been my only issue w/my ibook. Maybe I was lucky, but nonetheless, there are more Inspirion fish in the laptop sea and the statistics prove that more volume will naturally yield more issues. Don't take it personal. I'm just calling a spade a spade....Accept your reality...."bah, bah, bah" said the sheep....:p
u seen that iphone? i dont care if u hate apple, that thing looks like sex.
Post a Comment