The Father has left for a conference. I had to pick my Mother up at the airport this afternoon. After the traffic subsided, I was to go to my fathers apartment to check on Ophelia. My fathers flight left at 9:30am. I finally made it to the apartment at 7:30ish pm.To my surprise Ofi was waiting at the bottom of the stairs outside the door waiting to be let inside.
In case you are confused, this is a standard walk up that has three flights of stairs leading to several apartments. However, to access the stairs there is a locked glass door at the entrance.
There she was, waiting outside...for 10 hours. I could not believe that Father had left her outside for that long. An even bigger surprise was waiting for me at the top of the stairs.
I am walking up the last flight to the apartment door, when I notice that I can no longer hear Ofi's familiar and ever-present jingling. Why was a sight that shocked me and filled me with a little fear. The door to the apartment was wide open. Something that my father would never allow. Hell, he even freaks out if you don't make sure the door is locked as soon as you walk inside.
First thought: he missed his flight, second thought: burglar.
I walk inside calling out the usual, "Hello!? Pop!? Anyone Here!?"
The place is a wreak. Cloths and paper strewn on the floor, Kitchen is messy. Upstairs office looks like a bomb hit it. There was also a cryptic note typed up and tacked to the door. Its contents, it turns out, were malicious instructions to the cleaning lady. They were quite rude and demanding. If you know my father you can just hear him yelling his specifics at her as you read.
Turns out he just up and left as fast as he could, leaving as much of a mess as was possible. I made sure the dog was OK, picked up a few things, locked the door and returned to my mothers. I will return tomorrow to check up on little Ofi.
Oooh, "How It's Made", Bagels!
1 comment:
You're brave mang !!! I would've had a 45 with a full clip & one in the chamber. Expected a hostage situation ?
Post a Comment