Monday, March 26, 2007

You know it's hard out here for a pimp

Watching Hustle and Flow I could not help but feel that I want another shot at the Music Career.

I love playing music, and I know that no matter what I do, I will always try to be in a band and play music with others. There is something so...liberating about playing music. I am sure this feeling was ushered by this song I listened to by MuteMath called Typical. Perhaps it was the lyrics that spoke to me? The video is very cool by the by.

At the same time I am reminded of the book Fight Club and some of Tyler Durden's words of wisdom. I do adore that book. I need to reread it again.

On another note, after an incident with Spreadsheets and Excel, a good portion of my work vanished, but I am glad to inform you that I have completed the data and now am back where I started...interpretation. Interpretation is probably the most important step. I remember an old friend of mine, by the name of Brian, who said to me, "Geology is 90% interpretation." Have to give him props for that statement. I always fall back on it when things get unusual. Nevertheless, onward and upward. "There's got to be another level!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

because spreadsheets and databases are my work an my life, i must remind you to ALWAYS make a backup copy at the end of the day (unless you have an IT dept that can retrieve the most recent backup automatically). shit, son.

Josue' said...

word jackson...absolute word.


D,
That pic of yourself would have been ideal for St Paddy's Day. :P

The D said...

Actually, I had a backup on my gmail. Sure it was missing stuff that I had done since then, but at least I had most of it back.

phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

Is that a pimp cane ?