Money, money, money! Who do you trust?I forgot to mention. While doing some shopping for my grandparents I found something unexpected waiting for me on the sidewalk.
Free money! As I turned the corner and unlocked the gate to the apt complex, I was greeted to 10$ bills floating in the wind like leaves. At first I was shocked. I looked about me for anyone trying to pick up the money, but there was no one around. Only the security guard at the end of the street watched me from a distance. I sprung into action, chasing 10$ bills, stepping on them, snatching them out of the air. In total I found 85$ out in the street. I saw another 10$ but it got away from me and flew under a car, never to be seen again. Well, after I picked up the money I waited for a while to see if anyone would come out and claim it. I looked to see if anyone had a window open or a door which the wind could have blown it through. After a little bit, my groceries were getting warm, so I reluctantly walked back inside.
After telling everyone the news, I left the money sitting on the counter just in case someone out there sent a note to the community. It has been more than a week and nothing yet.
I feel bad about finding this money because I know that out there somewhere there is someone who lost that money and is feeling about as low as one can feel losing 85$.
Anywho, Woo! Free MONEY!
I will say, after I found it, I had this little voice in the back of my head telling me...wait for it....wait for it...something bad is going to happen. And Lo! My car was broken into! How much does a new window probably cost? About 80$.
Yay, broke even! Everything happens for a reason, inconvenient though it may be.
6 comments:
Strange, eh?
D,
I lost 85 dollars recently, think you can sent it to me.
seems like a dream.
Brian, No way. Unless you are willing to send me a new drivers side window for a jeep.
HA!
I remember finding $20 in San Juan one day. Unfortunately I was so wrapped up with finding the 20 that I walked past the bundle of money it had torn itself away from and my friend who was walking behind me picked it up. So I found $20, he found $240. The moral of the story?
Always pay attention, cause sometimes it pays you back.
Some people are so broke, they cannot even pay attention. :p
Post a Comment