This blows. Yesterday the rib finally stopped hurting. This blows less.Yesterday I was going to the grocery and realized how royally fucked the U.S. will be when oil starts to run out. It seems that no one seems to give a shit as to the future of the nations energy needs. I imagine most out there have a "well cross that bridge when we get there" mentality. Listening to the news I heard specific words that speak of the impending collapse of the US of A.
1: Devalued Dollar
2: Unending War
3: Price of Petroleum
I would like to think that someone out there could turn things around. But I get the feeling that driving the US into the ground will bring mighty profit to the few remaining in power. Imagine what it will be like when people can no longer afford to put gas into their cars. Imagine not being able to heat your home. Imagine how people will turn to deforesting the country...again. Imagine when people cant get to work because they live in the suburbs and there is no decent mass transit system.
Perhaps I am being too pessimistic? I hope I am wrong.
Would make for a good story, though. I am about to read The Road by Cormac McCarthy. They say it is a wonderful post-apocalyptic story. I look forward to cracking open that brand new page.
I do know one thing. I will be investing heavily into wind power for Puerto Rico. Trust me, this is the future for PR. Off Shore Wind Farms. I can see a few of these on the roof of my grandparents house on Culebra. A wise investment.
7 comments:
what is the geothermal gradient in PR? Is geothermal power an option there?
The sky = falling.
however, we need to fix all those problems
are there any offshore oil farms near PR?....i would invest heavily....hehehe. Damn Dems.....bunch of pussies.
Job = Investing
OR
No Job = Investing Tips
Make it happen capt'n.
Actually, there is a pretty decent geothermal gradient in PR. It seems that some people are taking advantage of it. But I believe Wind is the way until photovoltaic cells are cheaper.
get a job.....pay taxes.....use oil....plenty to go around. Wind sucks....PV require shitloads of energy to make. i have an idea....pay taxes.....grow corn....feed it to poor people.....give them exercise bikes....plug them into a grid......create jobs....heat my house. Sound good?
I've thought about those things too. You know, that exercise bike thing sounds like a great idea for power generation.
Post a Comment