How I did this was by swinging a pick-ax. I was helping my grandmother plant some papaya saplings in their backyard in Culebra, PR. This soil is terrible stuff. It is something like 5 cm of silt and clay between hard rocks that I suspect are Andesitic lavas and tuffs. There is about a 30 cm of this mixture then it is bedrock. Well, as I was swinging the pick-ax it hit hole and something in my chest popped and pain flowed in like a nuée ardente.
Yesterday the pain was really bad, but this morning it was substantially better till I took a shower and while bending down to dry my legs I re-injured it again. Yay me. I don't really mind the pain when I move, but it is the pain when I breath that gets me.
I just took a percocet. Actually, I think I took the percocet. I had the pill here on my laptop, then it was gone and I don't exactly remember taking it. I will know soon enough. It makes my skin dance, which is the best way I can describe the feeling it gives me other than relieving the pain. This is not a feeling I particularly enjoy.
6 comments:
Take care of yo'self
Did you know...
1. Culebra comes from the name of Bishop San Ildefonso De La Culebra, and is an archipelago of over 23 islands stretching over 7,000 acres between St.Thomas, USVI, and Puerto Rico.
2. Taíno (Island Arawak) and the Carib Indians were the original inhabitants who lived throughout the Islands of Culebra.
3. The Islands of Culebra were originally called "Isles du Passage" (Passage Islands), named that way by the French because of their close proximity to the Virgin Passage; and "Isla de San Idelfonso", in honor of Bishop San Ildefonso De La Culebra.
4. Culebra is also known as Isla Chiquita (Little Island) and Ultima Virgen (Last Virgin).
5. The town of Culebra was called Dewey, in honor to Admiral George Dewey, who commanded the first troops of the Caribbean in the 1902, and was hero of the Naval Wars in the Philippine Islands.
6. The Lighthouse of Culebrita is the third lighthouse constructed in Puerto Rico, started on September 25, 1882. The Lighthouse was lighted for the first time on February 25, 1886.
7. President Theodore Roosevelt established the Culebra Naval Reservation on June 26, 1903 (first US Naval Base in the Caribbean).
8. During the 50s-60s, almost all the meat that was eaten in the Main Island (Puerto Rico), came from all the cowranches in Culebra.
9. Justo E. Rivera Quinonez was the first puertorrican that built an aircraft, flew it, and landed in the island.
10. Culebra has the only Drawbridge in the Caribbean.
11. Culebra is about 7 miles long, 3.5 miles wide, and is located at Latitude is 18.33° N, and Longitude 65.33° W.
12. The surface of Culebra is about 26 km² (10 miles²), and has an average elevation of 20 meters.
13. There are no rivers in Culebra.
14. Mount Resaca at 650 feet is the highest point in Culebra. The second is Cerro Balcón, with 541 feet.
15. Coral reefs of Culebra are some of the most spectacular of the entire Caribbean region, and are the best living healthy reef ecosystems of Puerto Rico.
16. Culebra National Wildlife Refuge is one of the oldest refuges in the National Wildlife Refuge system.
17. The Refuge area is 1,568 acres (more than a third of Culebra), and is well known as a nesting site for a variety of seabirds, endangered sea turtles, and the Culebra giant anole.
18. Culebra is a birdwatcher's paradise, where a colony of 50,000 Sooty Terns nests at Peninsula Flamenco.
19. The main income of Culebra comes from construction, tourism and a pharmaceutical plant.
20. A native of Culebra is called a Culebrense.
21. Some illustrious people are: Engracia Mulero (first woman Mayor in Culebra), Claro C. Feliciano Padrón, Dra. Aracelis Ortiz, Tomás Mulero, Mr. Jose C. Nazario.
22. In 2000, Culebra had a population of 1,868, for a population density of 71.8 km² (186.8 miles²). Today, the population is about 2,500.
23. Languages spoken are Spanish and English.
24. The Patron Saint is "Our Lady of Carmel", as is the Parish.
25. The City Hall was originally a jail.
26. Some curious nicknames are (or were): Cató, Polín, Wiky, Pachu, Wiwi, Yuyu, Concha, Chonona, Turula, Budu, Magoo, Blue.
Sheesh man...Mix in some stretching or an occasional workout. Cracking ribs by wielding an ax...you gots bigger issues with that cuerpo you better deal with. :p
Holler @ a narcotic.
Jo-Sue, have you ever tried to dig a hole in our grandparents yard? Have you worked in the sun pulling up huge wads of tall grass that spreads through the property? Plus, this was the third hole I was digging. There is a reason they asked me to do it. It is some difficult work.
Rabbit is busy tending his garden
Post a Comment