Monday, March 10, 2008

...to get to the other side?

I am catching up on my news and stuff today and I saw something that made me laugh. This thing still makes me laugh. I keep laughing the longer I look at it. I can't not laugh. I am sure you all see why? Fear not, fellow readers, for it is just some random guy from The Smoking Gun Mugshots. Still...eerie.

Sorry for the absence, I was in Culebra all last week helping the grandparents. I think I tore a muscle from my rib. I heard something pop in there while digging a hole for a papaya tree. So much to talk about.

I caught some wonderful tasty fish. A pluma I had to let go and a Huge ronco! Tasty sucker it was.

I found an old fishing line and decided to have some fun with it ala Man Vs Wild. I tied the line into a snare and set it up along a trail that I saw some wild chickens taking by the beach.

My grandmother hates these chickens and my grandfather can't stand that they eat his fruits. I am not a fan of their constant crowing and, to make matters worse, they are breeding. My grandfather bought a trap to catch these monsters then he would give them away to friends. He claims they are dirty because they eat everything they find, but I tell him, "How bad could they taste? They are fattened up on mango and carambola." He had caught 3 before I had arrived and given them away. Anywho, I digress.

I set up the snare being careful to tie a good knot to the tree and keep the loop dangling in the passage and in just three days I actually caught one of the little peckers! I walked into the area and saw a chicken just sitting in the sand. I was so shocked that I forgot to take a picture! I was going to bludgeon it to death with my walking stick but first I tried to pull the line that was attached to its foot. When I pulled the line the chicken freaked out feathers flying everywhere then the line broke. Probably the line broke due to sun damage and age. At that moment I remembered I had my camera with me. Oh, the pain of missing photographic evidence that I snared a chicken. I was a little sad, but I was still quite proud of myself. I can catch wild chickens! I can survive in the wild! Dan Vs Wild! Too bad the chicken didn't snare itself by the neck, then I could have told people I choked a chicken by the ocean in Culebra. haha!

I tried to snare another one the rest of the week, but to no avail. I guess they got wise to the area.

3 comments:

LiAlSi2O6 said...

You know it is a good story if it has cock bludgeoning. Hell I just bludgeoned my cock not five minutes ago.

Unknown said...

well, there goes my 'choke the chicken' comment x(

phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

Blast those chickens !!!