Time for , Conversations with Father.On today's episode, the son is about to go to sleep when, little did he know, his father was just at a wine and cheese reception dinner thing.
Me: "Hello Father."
Father: "SON! SON! Have you been fired yet?"
Me: "No, Father, I have not."
Father: "Don't get fired, Son. Keep your job. Do exactly what they tell you!"
Me: *Sigh* "Yes Father."
Father: "Son, who wrote that movie about Bush."
Me: "What?"
Father: "The movie about Bush and 911."
Me: "Oh, Michael Moore."
Father: "Miiiichael Moooorrreee."
Me: "Yeah, the one that did that documentary on Flint, Michigan and the US auto companies? Rodger and Me?"
Father: "Son, what do you think about the bailout?"
Me: "I think that they should declare bankruptcy and restructure their failing business without the taxpayer having to pay for their mess."
Father: "That is right, Son. Fuck them! Are you an Independent, Son? Or a democrat?
Me: No, Father, I do not believe in choosing a party in that once you choose a party, you give up your free will. All your decisions are make for you as you must follow the party line. No person is one thing or the other. There are things I am conservative about and things I am liberal about. Though I do lean more toward the liberal side."
Father: "You are an Independent."
Me: "No...forget it."
Father: "Don't get fired, Son. Work hard."
2 comments:
Another great conversation...
so your father was right, you are an independant (small i)
Post a Comment