Monday, December 08, 2008

I am so lazy.

Actually, I am so busy. I work, I get home, I eat, oh look, it is time for bed. Rinse, repeat till the weekends, when I travel.

Thanksgiving I traveled 10 hours in my new car to Tennessee, Tennessee Tennessee Tennessee. Take me to another place, take me to another land, let me forget all that hurts me, let me understand your plan.

My plan was to drive all night. Yeah...after 9 hours of work. I left here at 9pm and hit the road an what would be the hardest drive of my life. I drove and drove and was fighting sleep. I reached a point where even singing your favorite album was ineffective. I was in the blue ridge mountains, listening to an audio book of Fight Club, when I passed out. Full on sleep. I awoke only because the rumble strip shook me awake. It going about 65mph down a mountain and was heading into a curb with the guard rail just to the right of me. I was almost going to hit the rail. My brand new car was about to be my brand dead car. I awoke because my left tire hit the rumble strip. The right tire didn't even bring me back to my senses. I slowly turned the wheel to the left and lead the car away from the guardrail.

Yeah, I as fully awake after that one. That bought me 30 min of awake time before I started dozing off again. I had but two hours to go, I could not stop and sleep! I was stupid. Anyway, sun came up over my shoulder, and I got into Tennessee at around 6am Central.

Hello Mallory! Are you reading this at your boring/easy job?

Apparently my brother told her about the blog and she is a fan. I have fans everywhere. Some that I am not allowed to mention on account of someone demanding I censor the blog just for him. Well, he lost that censoring tonight.

Anywho, my brother is kind of a slob. I had thought after so many years he would learn to clean up his bathroom. He is still living the college life. You should have seen the biofilm growing on his shower curtain. It was at least 3 mm thick and probably was worth a lot of money to a biology dept.

So, turkey was great because it was cooked by yours truly. My brother killed the 4 cups of mashed potatoes by impregnating them with 2 heads of garlic. TWO ENTIRE HEADS! At least his Pumpkin cheese cake pie was a success.

Dave was on the local news when he was inline for voting. I can only imagine they got to the school then pointed at the brown guy that was obviously not like the others and shoved a camera in the minorities face. Love the misspelling of our family name.

Anyway, I played the Force unleashed and beat it just in time to hit the road back to D.C.

Made it back ok and started work on 4 hours of sleep. Then this past weekend I drive 7 hours to Rochester, NY to visit my brother and my friends. My brother has been around americans too long. He has forgotten the face of his father. He no longer understands what family means. He better start realizing that when family is concerned, you do not do things because they will benefit you, you do them because it is family, and even though it may be an inconvenience to shove a bycicle into your car to save your brother a 40 minute drive, you do them.

On the drive back from NY I decided to pick up some 5 hour energy! Damn if that thing didnt work like a charm. I had 5 hours to go and 5 hours of energy. I made it to DC at 12:30 AM and got 5 hours of sleep then work. Now I have two weekends of not going anywhere or doing anything but sleep. I sooooo look forward to that.

3 comments:

Josue' said...

Dave Mason?! LOL!! Freaking hilarious. No offense to the family name, of course.

It was a blatant attempt to fully/completely assimilate that "brown" into the dominance that is GRINGO. :p

Anonymous said...

Mason? Now that's a name I can trust!

phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

Mason is his slave name. You know us coloured folk were given our last name cuz every 'massa' had jungle fever.