
You ever have someone wrong you? I mean really wrong you? Well, when someone does they are marked for hatred. Interestingly enough, I can really only hate one person at a time. When someone else wrongs me the hate is transfered. On account of my mother I am a very forgiving person. I can pretty much forgive anyone,accept for the one who is the focus for my hate.
My father always said, "Don't Hate, Son, Love." Probably the most ironic thing I have ever heard come out of someones mouth. If there were a picture in the dictionary for Malcontent, you would see a pict of my Father under it.
That being said, I decided to branch out of my old coffee haunt and check out a new one. Mainly because this new one has an open mic. Something which is greatly lacking in the Southern Tier.
I get there and it is empty. Not a person in the place, not even behind the counter.
Then I see the owner. He is a nice man with a lazy eye. I ask him how this works, he says first come first serve. I prefer sign up sheets, but seeing as how it was empty...
So, I am greeted by two guys that look like biker rockers from the 80's Right down to the chain wallets. I didnt know people still wore them.
One guitar player and one bass player with farking vampier fangs. I kid you not....actual shapened teeth.
So, I expect some heavy metal shit and bad singing, but to my surprise they play the blues and the singer is good. So...I join them for a couple of songs, nothing too hard. It actually turned out to be a fun night. Really good musicians and good songs. I even got to belt out a strange version on Whipping Post.
Needless to say, I will be there next Wed. Maybe more people will show up next time.
Oh. I almost forgot, there was an old man there that had one of the bitter beer faces. The man had no teeth so his jaw and face squished to a frightening playdo looking thing.
2 comments:
Sometimes I forget that you are a good musician. I guess it gets lost in the shell of malcontent. :D
Dan, what you said about Pop is not true. Watch your butt!
Post a Comment