Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Civic Duty

The First Tuesday of November.

Check out this retard who voted straight party lines. Talk about not thinking for yourself. How easy life must be when you let someone else make your decisions for you. My sister accused me of voting straight party line yesterday. I was most annoyed at her suggestion. I view Democrats as Republican Light. As a matter of fact, I voted for some Socialist Workers Party and some Green Party as well.

I have met three people today who just could not be bothered to vote. They told me that they just didn't care about today. I explained that today is exactly the day that matters most. Today is the real day where we can make a difference. My words fell upon deaf ears. Oh well, they have officially given up their right to bitch about anything political. I mean, why vote only in the presidential election? That is the one that matters not.

Mid-Term Elections!

Here is a cartoon from The Daily Show about them.

Pretty funny, but they do matter.

I have been staring at a spread sheet for far too long today. Converting these minerals is becoming quite the pain. What is a geologist to do? Keep on keeping on!

4 comments:

new jack city said...

elections don't matter, D, i'm sorry.

call me cynical, but I don't believe that a choice that is given me is a real choice at all.

ever since i voted for Kerry when i didn't believe in him and didn't want to vote, i've felt slimy when i fill out a ballot.

don't get me wrong, i voted on the WA state initiatives, and i voted in the one WA race in which a third party was offered (for the guy who got arrested for trying to participate in a tv debate - just for being on the property). however, every other race was either D or R.

what's the point?

as i said from the stage last night, "today, i voted, and i still feel the vaseline dripping from my asshole."

Josue' said...

I can agree that anyone who votes straight party line is an absolute fanatic...very dumb move.

Anonymous said...

hurray for voting

Anonymous said...

i poop out republicans