Friday, November 24, 2006

I felt nothing

Saturday the 18th was the Geo TurkeyDay Party. It was great, Even Big Bob graced up with his presence. The turkey was fried in a vat of oil. I must say, frying a turkey seems to be the way to go. Anyway, let me get to the point. Someone showed up that I had an issue with in the past. This woman I had hated with such fury that it was consuming. She had been a gone from the department for a while and I was glad to see her go. This girl was mean and ignorant and she cared only for herself. Well, she cornered me at the party and demanded to talk. At first I walked away from her wanting nothing to do with her. She followed me from the basement where beer pong was taking place and insisted on talking. So I just said to myself, "Fuck it." and talked to her outside.

Here is where I get to the Crux of the story. I thought I was going to feel rage and feel like telling her what I felt. I thought I was going to not want to hear a word that came out of her mouth...but to tell you the truth, I felt nothing. I felt not a damn thing. It was amazing. It was liberating. It was just freaking great! I could just listen to her and talk to her like a normal person. I had finally been done feeling angry. All it took was time. I thought I would hate her FOREVER, but it seems that I am ok. I still am not going to be her friend, but it is so nice to know that I feel nothing. This is bliss. It is still nice to know that I still have the ability to surprize myself.

Anyway, she wanted to ask me how I was and what was going on in my life and that she was sad that we were no longer friends and that she considered me to be her best friend in Bingo...(If she felt that way why did she use me and lie to me and treat me like shit? I realized that she needed to talk to me so that she could feel better about herself. I didnt care, I felt nothing.

People are odd. Perhaps she has made me less human? Who knows, I feel nothing! ^_^

Other then that, I had a freaking great time at the turkey day house. Glen did a great job with the turkey, everyone brought something tasty to the feast, my rum cake killled. Bob tried to instill some doubt into the Envi students who think that their professor has all the right answers. All in all, a good night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that post filled me with overwhelming........nothingness.

phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

have you seen a Turkey fryer explode ?

Josue' said...

There are many times when anger can be overrated. People may think you must get angry to show you can be emotional about something, but I agree that sometimes (depending on the situation) that just resigning yourself from any emotional attachment can be a good choice to make + it shows that YOU actually "won" the game. To think logically about something without flipping your lid is a major positive in life at times.

**Never had deep-fried turkey and I have seen a turkey fryer explode. NOT a pretty sight...