
Well, I survived the trip down south. I secured the rental, hit the road and got to the wedding with 30 minutes to spare. Villalba is a pretty mountain town. Even saw a little pack of wild dogs or Perro Sato as they are known in the local tongue.
You can check out my pictures HERE!
Seems I just don't take the effort to get the good shots like I used to.
Anyway, I met some interesting folks at reception. Most notably was the dude at my table who turned out to be a Bingo University Campus Cop! Haha! He worked the night shift and had only been there for two years, so I never ran into him. "Small world", as the saying goes.
More notably, I ran into a man who reviewed my resume for the company that Miguel works for and to which I had applied some months ago. We talked a while about PR and Some Rican Geology. Then he asked for my last name, and when I told it to him he smiled and said,
"I reviewed your resume...looks like we made a mistake."
Probably the best words I have ever heard.
Nevertheless he informed me that his company was expanding and that he would have a place for me if I were interested. I told him I was most definitely interested.
Peace begins
When expectation ends.
3 comments:
I hope all goes well with the hopeful geology occupation - I'd be pissed if I were forgotten about, but now you may be in good hands. When you do get the job there is a large relief of stress. What exactly is it that they'd have you do again ? I think I forgot. I don't remember.
Nice pics. I wish I was walking around in some montaƱas right about now... :(
good luck
Post a Comment