Sun Indeed Hot.I went on a canoe trip down the Genesee River last weekend. It was quite the bit of fun. I fell in a few times. Once trying to get the boat off of a log in a log jam, and twice trying to dislodge us from a rock right in the middle of a rapid.
Only at one point would I say the rapids were dangerous, and at that point Pete and his Fiancé ended up rolling the canoe. It was quite scary for a moment as the canoe filled with water and was stuck up against a huge mess of logs and grass. Luckily they managed to escape to freedom. Eventually we got everything bag in order and went on our way. It did rain on use for the last leg of the journey, but we survived.
I, however, got sun burnt on the forehead, nose, and forearms. It was not a severe burn, just a slight toasting. My head and nose are starting to peel little flakes. I have not had a sunburn in years. I believe the last time I was sunburnt I was traveling 300 miles from New Orleans to Houston on I-10. A few hours with my left arm out the window, I only noticed after the police pulled me over for suspected trafficking of narcotics. I was standing on the side of the road while the officer searched my car for drugs when I noticed that my left arm looked like a lechón.
When I got home to Houson, boy did I feel the pain. I had my arm coated with a thick layer of aloe for some time. The size of my peeling skin was impressive. I could have packaged it and sold it as Dan Jerky.
Anyway, I am sitting here, playing Star Wars: Battlefront 2. Consider it highly recommended.
Still no word.
2 comments:
fallout 2 is better :D
searching your vehicle for narcotics... that's not racial profiling
Post a Comment