Well, I have again applied to another job, this time nation wide. I swear, it is as if I have been blacklisted! I feel like a communist during McCarthyism! It is as if there is some list and my name is on it and I can't even get an interview. I am Jack's wasted life.Anyway, My brother dragged me out to a "bbq party with some band playing." He demanded I bring my bass and that we would play after the band was finished. Well...we did, but a drunken Benji was fumbling with the songs and the guitar. I was disgusted...I was 17 again and yelling at my Brother for being messed up and trying to play music. I would get so frustrated with the band members when they were incapable of playing and thought they sounded great.
Meh, anyway we were able to play some decent songs and kept it interesting. We also met "Rochester's Greatest Guitarists" Jin Su. Sadly, he was not Rochester's greatest anything. He was actually really bad at just jamming or picking up a song or just playing a solo in Key.
There was this 30 year old guy, who opened for the band, that played all these "I'm 15 and angry at my father/I am white suburban teen and I know all about how life is hard I know what it's like for minorities songs. Truly a site to behold.
I know I am harsh, but when it comes to music, I am a real opinionated asshole.
I was harshest with my band. I expected nothing short of perfection. I would push them to play better and play solid. But boy, did they let me have it when I screwed up. Ahh...happier times.
6 comments:
Ha, that's funny you should talk about that 30 year old. My roommate plays guitar and has a buddy that sings, or rather, screams. They go to the garage and all I hear is heavy riffs and something that sounds like giants being tortured. Yeah, it's one of those bands.
Don't get me wrong, I like some of those bands, but only when it's done right, which is hard to do cause a majority of them are terrible. Out of curiosity, I looked at some of my roommate's friend's lyrics, just to see if maybe I was missing something cause I couldn't understand them. They were all the same. I can sum it up in a few words:
I am angry. I hate everyone. I hate women that don't like me. I want to kill something, perhaps myself. My best friend is aggression. And also wolves and vampires cause they're violent and cool. Also darkness. Darkness is my friend, and so is pain and anguish and despair and...well you get the picture.
I guess when you scream out lyrics you can't really be talking about anything important cause if you were you'd want people to try and understand you, right?
that's why i play in a country band and write songs about love and forgiveness, friends, and narcotics
blimey !!!
I'm no musician and I don't play one on tv, but I must laugh at older (+30) gents who have not given up on the angst of youth and just want to be heard....They just need to shut the F up really...
snap yo fingaaas snap yo neck!
Hey Mikey, I can send you copies of all of Prong's albums
Post a Comment