Sunday, July 01, 2007

iPhone?

I went to an AT&T with Binarian on Friday. Yes Yes...I know. I am lame, but to be honest it was not my idea. He bought the 4 gig iPhone. It was such a silly thing. We were standing outside the store in a line of 6 people. All of them drooling for the iPhone. I took a picture of Binarian waiting in line so as to caption it with "I'm a Consumer Whore!"

He bought it, but didn't activate it. The phone is completely useless unless you activate it with a two year contract from at&t or some sort of monthly basis thing if you fail the credit report. You can't use any of the features. All you get is a picture of the world and the ability to dial 911.

Anyway, he got it for his company that "crystallizes" phones.

http://www.crystalicing.com/swarovski-crystal-iphone-jesus-phone.asp

The horror.

But, I did get to play with the one in store. The pinching to zoom into pictures minority report style is pretty cool. The screen does get all greasy and oily after a little bit of use. I imagine someone will start selling iwhipes to easily clean off the touch screen face.

Speaker quality is pretty good. It is a nice little novelty, but I will wait till it becomes a little more practical. It lacks many things that regular phones have such as removable battery expandable memory all this other shite. I wont get into it, but I am sure you can read all about it on other blogs.

I will most likely wait for the trickle down tech to hit all the other phones on the market. At least that is one good thing about this iPhone craze, it will force cell phone companies and makers to start making better products.

Meh.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'll probably buy the second iteration/generation of iPhone. This one looks friggin' sweet though.

Josue' said...

I would NEVER (I repeat) NEVER buy 1st gen of any tech product. I agree that the iPhone is great for raising the bar on mobile technology, but even if the phone acted like Cialis on me, I still would never pay $500 for the base model...No way. No how.

I also hear that it has a different sized headphone jack and you have to use an ugly adaptor. Lame...Also, I hear that they are not utilizing AIM or MSN for chat like in other phones. The SIM card is unique to the iPhone and even if you have an AT&T sim card, you cannot utilize that in the iPhone. Again, lame.

The bottom line is that the Apple marketing machine is changing the game....AGAIN!

Anonymous said...

well, maybe if it did the cialis thing i would get one.

but i only use my phone for texts and as a phone. so, no boner.

phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

$100 would be an okay price for it