Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Fish + something extra

Well, I am about ready to regurgitate my breakfast unwillingly.

What you see is no trick photography. What you see is just what it appears to be! A WORM!
I bought the cod last night. Well, I seasoned the fish and let it marinate over night. To my surprise at noon, I pulled out the fish and saw something pink/brown coming out of its flesh that was definitely not there when I bought it.

My stomach contorted in ways you could not imagine. I was doubled over in pain and disgust, for you see, I had cooked one of the fillets last night and ate it. I still feel so revolted as I type. EEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Well, I called Wegmans to complain and demanded a refund.

The Conversation:

Wegmans Service Desk Guy: Hello, how can I help you.
Me: Yeah, I am going to need to talk to someone about a problem with recently purchased fish.
WSDG: Well, what is the problem?
Me: Well, I bought this fish last night and I just found a worm crawling out of it. It is still moving.
WSDG: Wow, let me transfer you over to the fish department.
Fish Guy: Hello, Wegmans Fish, how can I help you.
Me: Well, blah blah blah worm.
FG: Well...I am so sorry about that. In all my years working here I have never seen anything like that.
Me: Yeah, well, I am just so nauseous about this because I ate some of the fish last night.
FG: Oh, well, I am sure you don't have anything to worry about it was a different fillet. So, would you like to bring the fish back for an exchange?
Me: Umm...No. I believe I will be staying away from fish for the time being. As you can imagine.
FG: Yeah. Well, let me offer you a full refund if you want to bring the fish down here. I get off at 7:30 but I really want to see this fish.
Me: Sure, I'll just leave right now.

I drove to the wegmans and walked to the service counter with a cooler full of fish. I told the dude behind the counter that I called about the fish. This dude didn't know what I was talking about. Guess I talked to someone else. I told him that the fish guy offered me a full refund because of the worm. He seemed skeptical, and asked to see the fish. When I showed it to him he sort of jumped a little and said, "OK! Let me get you that refund!"

He asked if I wanted to fill out a complaint form, I told him not to bother. I was in no mood to write my dissatisfaction down where no one to read it. I left before the Fish Guy got down there to check out the worm. The service guy told me to contact them if I suffer any ill effects from eating the fish. I told him that that if I got sick, I would definitely be contacting them...Litigiously!


My skin is still crawling as I think about it. EEEEWWW!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah, eat it, puts hair on yer chest...

Dave said...

Nice. That worm is probably crawling through your intestines as we speak. Fish ccoks quickly, you might not have had time to kill the worm. It's inside, and it's settling in for the long haul.

Josue' said...

Print this entry and attach it to the complain form.

Think of all the organisms (visible to the naked eye and otherwise) we consume daily and it's a miracle we live to see another day....with that said, I would have been pissed like you and gone back there for that refund.

I hope you at least bought wild caught cod. :p

Anonymous said...

i think i just threw up in my mouth a little

phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

You have a little night crawler feeding off of your insides. Hey, maybe there is more than one worm in there.