Saturday, August 18, 2007

White Light/Black Rain

Well, I have just watched the most disturbing of documentaries.

White Light/Black Rain: The Destruction of Hiroshima and Nagasaki

I cannot describe how horrible I felt while watching this movie. Here was a woman who watched her mother turn into ash right in font of her. Here was a man who was burned so badly you can see his ribs! His Ribs! His chest looked like someone took a knife and cut huge portions out of it then took a blow torch to the rest.

What I found myself asking to no one in particular was how, how could humans do this to other humans? How could they do this to people who had nothing to do with the war? How could they do this to children?

I had no idea that Fat Man, the Nagasaki bomb, exploded directly over Japan's largest Catholic Community. Here were the largest concentration of people who did not believe that the Emperor was descended from god. That did not buy into (heart and soul) the propaganda of the Emperor. Vaporized. Burned. Dehydrated. Irradiated.

I am disgusted with so called, Humanity. That word should not mean what it does.

One of the soldiers that dropped the bomb, he was interviewed saying that he listens to people saying, "We should drop the bomb on Iraq!" and he said, They don't even know what a nuclear bomb is. If they did, they would never say a thing like that.

I recommend everyone watch that documentary. So we never forget.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you can call us Terrans if it gets you to sleep at night.

phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

If we got nuked like Hiroshima/Nagasaki, you know US gov't would order the mass nuking of the Middle East