Saturday, September 08, 2007

Keep an open mind.

I always like to keep an open mind. True, it is not something that we are hard wired to do. When given new information that is contrary to what you have alway thought it can be easy to just shake your head or act like the mule instead of giving it some serious thought. I too have to remind myself to not say anything and listen to what is being said. I have to take it in and mull it over in my mind. I have to remind myself not to just dismiss things that I don't agree with with the wave of my hand or a shake of my head.

However, some people are just way off the mark with their information. It is like they have never read a book or watched the news (actual news not this mindless entertainment BS that is always on the TV).

Often I have confronted people who act like the mule. I find it so strange that someone would be so closed off to even hearing someone's opinion or some information.

Q: "What is the greatest barrier to learning?"
A: "Knowing."

Sometimes we have to realize that we don't know everything about anything. Sometimes we have to change our mind when new information comes to light.

Just a friendly reminder to keep an open mind next time you find yourself disagreeing with what is being said around or to you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow

phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

keeping an open mind... that doesn't sound like a patriotic American concept

Josue' said...

That clip is hilarious!