Friday, September 14, 2007

No. We are not from NY

How do I describe Boston.

It isn't small, it is comfy. For a city it sure is small. It is also clean...relatively. It has some of the best seafood I have ever had. I think I could eat chowder for months without getting tired of it.

We, being Binarian and my Bro, went to Boston on a whim for labour day. We stayed at our cousins place for two days. She and her Husband were very kind to let us shiftless crazy night owls crash on their futon/floor/couch. Cousin T made some wonderful breakfast for us. The quiche was wonderful. For some reason every night after we ate seafood out I suffered from violent stomach cramps. They only lasted for about 3 hours, but man did they suck.

We ate at the Union Oyster House in downtown Boston. Man, their food was excellent! Oldest restaurant in the U.S. or something.

Saw the Holocoust Memorial. Really sad. I definitely felt emotional seeing those huge towers full of the numbers tattooed on concentration camp prisoners.


We also hit up Cheers. No one knew our names. *Tee hee!* Had some Pumpkin Ale and walked around the joint. Kind of sad that it looks nothing like the bar on the show, but was worth the hike to find it.

I can see myself living in Boston. It is a beautiful city full of insane people.

And boy to they hate people from NY. I warned my travel partners to conceal the fact that we were from NY. They did not remember this...and so it began.

We were at a bar right in downtown Boston Sunday night. I sit down on some couches because I was DD and just passing the time watching people (a typical Maeso past time). I am watching Binarian chatting up this girl for a while. I look away for a min, when I look back she is facing the opposite direction talking to this buzz cut dude and Binarian is standing there with a bewildered look in his face.

My Brother tells it another way. He saw Binarian chatting up things seem to be going well, when he turns around to get a drink when he looks back the girl is looking at Binarian with the most disgusted repulsed look on her face as she hands him a little rectangle then turns away from him.

Binarian tells the story like so, he was chatting up this girl, things are going well, when she says that her birthday is next week to which he replies that his birthday is on the 5th. She freaks out and says that that is her birthday as well. She then demands proof from him because for some reason she thinks he is making it up...even though he is the one who told her first. Well, he pulls his NY State Issued Drivers License from his wallet and hands it to her. She takes it...looks...then says, "You're from fucking New York!" Disgusted she hands the ID back to him. He is confused, tells her that he does not even watch Baseball which is apparently a bigger insult then being from NY because she yells, "How can you not watch BASEBALL!?" Disgusted she stops talking to him and turns away. Baffled and annoyed he tells her that she is being prejudiced, but she just looks away.

Then another drunk girl from the same herd turns around to talk to Binarian and my Bro while I walk up to see what all the commotion is all about. She is going nuts about the Yankees and about Boston and talking smack while my Bro starts defending the Yankees which is a big mistake and makes her angrier and vociferous. Well, this anger the Bro even more as he seems to have some pride from being from NY and while he was not a baseball fan to begin with, dealing with RedSox fans has turned him into one.

I knew well enough to not mention that I was from NY. But as we left the bar that night my Bro in his inebriated state decided to yell BOSTON SUCKS out the car window as we passed the bar we had just left. I was sure we were going to get rock thrown at us or the car flipped over by insane RedSox fans. I know that there is no fan like a RedSox fan. They are true fanatics. No other baseball fans come close to their passion and devotion.

Anyway, I had a great time in Boston and am looking for a job out there. I could live in Taxachusetts.

Dammit, I just cut my neck shaving. Yes, I shave at night so what? Damn thing wont stop bleeding!

4 comments:

phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

Wow... I'm glad not all people from Boston aren't like that crazy femme. Some people are way too fickle.

phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

Uhhh, for some reason my comment above doesn't sound right. "...not all people from Boston are like that crazy femme..." would sound better. I need Engrish classez

Josue' said...

a drunk young female regurgitating a sports rival is not that telling. sounds to my like your Bengali sidekick should have stepped up his game....

Anonymous said...

Yeah, we don't like New Yorkers here. We try to keep the riff raff out.

-Leona