Tuesday, June 24, 2008

De-Planeing Process


What the H is that word all about? It isn't even a real word! DE-PLANE-ING! Some losers even write it as deplaining! Plain!

I had no idea that while I was getting into a plane, I was planeing, or is it planing...which cannot be written in such a way!

Whatever happened to "disembarking" or "leave the plane"?

Anywho, I am back from my interview. It seemed to go very well. I had a wonderful time in *City*. I met some wonderful people I would not mind to have as coworkers.

Alas, I was told I would hear from them in two weeks because they still had a few people to interview.

The pessimist in me sees this as a bad sign. But I will call them in a day or two just to keep me in their thoughts.

This company really does do some great things. I really really want this job!

On a more disappointing note, Delta(Y'all be goin' on vacation?) decided that they would delay my flight out of *City* and missed my connecting flight in Cincinnati, OH. I had to spend the night here. The good thing was that they actually set me up in a hotel for the night and gave me a 7$ coupon for dinner. I was surprised! Nowadays airlines are more likely to let you rot in the terminal for a few hours than put you up at a hotel.

By the by, this hotel I was at the Drawbridge inn, was a theme hotel. Medieval Castle hotel! It was a little ghetto and the stairwell(they had no elevator) smelled like a lancha bathroom.

I was up at 6:30am this morning just to catch my 8:55am flight to Rochester.

I remember when air travel used to be fun.

2 comments:

Josue' said...

ah yes....the lancha bathroom...sheesh, what a memory that can never be replaced....LOL!

air travel should be given as community service because it just feels like one is being punished for a crime...

phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

I'll only travel by plane when it is more convenient than a drive... mostly for international travel