I wanted to clean this dirty rag that they used to clean up the water spilled around the bathroom sink. Lacking a proper washing machine, i decided to just throw the rag into a big pot full of water and a little oxyclean and put it on the stove. Well, it worked like a charm but I wanted to be thorough, so I threw it back into the pot with some clean water. I went to Binarian's office forgetting I left it on the stove.
Well, I was at the office for about three hours, and when I got back to the apartment (carrying a cage full of hamsters that Binarian and his Girl picked up somewhere, there was a sign on the door. The sign is the one photographed at the top. Yes, I am a fool. The water boiled off and the rag caught on fire. Thankfully it was all contained in the pot. They found no damage but the apartment was filled with smoke and they opened the windows. Nevertheless, I felt like a freaking idiot.
Funny thing is that this is the third time this has happened to me. I forgot that I had left something on the stove and left the house. The first time it was an egg I was boiling and forgot about. It didn't set on fire. The second was just a pot of water I was boiling and forgot about.
Yep, it is safe to say that boiling water and I seem to be a bad mix.
Commence the telling me in the comments what I just wrote about!
3 comments:
well, i think you said enough to deflect any obvious ridicule. :p
everyone is safe, no damage
LEMME SHOW YA SOMETHIN!!!!
Post a Comment