Saturday, January 28, 2006

"I have accomplished more than most men...and without the use of my legs."


So, after snowboarding on Tuesday Night, I was sore the next day. Sore because I was using muscles that were not used in several months. Add insult to injury, two days later, while putting on my pants, I pulled a muscle in my back. Now I am in pain when I stand or sit or carry anything heavy. Life is good. On the better hand, I am getting closer to finishing my Thesis. Monday the wheels will be in motion. I had a meeting with my Advisor and he was pleased to hear I had solved our Colombia map problem. The problem stemmed from the coordinate system that Colombia uses for all its maps. This coordinate system is in Meters away from the central Church in Bogota. As you can imagine, trying to find a point on these maps when you are dealing with UTM makes for huge headache, especially since I did not have any way of converting any of the units so they would line up.

How did I solve said problem? The unequaled Google Earth. Just match the pictures to geographical features on the earth and VIOLA! TRUE DAT, DOUBLE TRUE!

On another point, when is salting a sidewalk excessive? When I am walking on a layer of freaking salt. Not just little salt cubes, centimeter size blocks. "You will not slip on the snow, but you may slip on the overtly salted sidewalk.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and i thought it was cold in orlando

phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

NY = Southeastern Canada

Must suck trying to walk over salt cubes with a bad back. Don't feel bad... I have the same problem *mit* back... can't even pick up my daughter.

"Down with America !!!"
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060129/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_saddam_trial_14;_ylt=AvwqFQmVGmldy_qfaxRhOtxX6GMA;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl