Tuesday, December 05, 2006

American Ceilings are weak.

This story just happened to me 20 min ago. I was up in my attic cleaning up my shite and gathering everything that needs to go into my storage unit.

Oh, I am moving out of my apartment this week. I am moving everything I don't need with my out of my apt. When I go home to PR, it will be for an extended stay, unless I get that Yob in Rochester. I digress.

I do not know if I mentioned this before, but (You know what it is?)Jerry hired these incompetent electrical guys to install electric baseboard heating in the house, only they ripped up the attic flooring to expose the wiring, then walked away when they got another job working for FEMA and the Katrina people in their trailers. Well this was sometime during the summer, and the attic is still in shambles. They also moved all my things to the four corners of the attic making a mess as they did so.

I was sorting out my boxes and moving everything that is going into storage closer to the stairs. I found scattered lego pieces all over the attic...MY lego pieces. I have no idea how they managed to get my lego pieces all over the place, but they did. When the bargain basement people Jerry hired to replace the roof ripped out all the slate, everything in the attic was coated with a black powder. I am still sneezing black mucus out of my nose.

I had one box left to move. One box that I needed to check. One box that I picked up and lost my footing. My foot went right between two slats of wood and right into the hole. My foot made contact with the ceiling top. My foot went through the ceiling top and right into the apartment under me. This apartment belongs to my wife beating Pilipino Neighbour. I retract my leg, which had sunk to the knee, out of the hole and look down into it. Yep. I could see my neighbour's bed and his table and his carpet and I was so thankful that he and his ugly girlfriend were not home. They have been gone all week. Knowing my luck, they will show up tomorrow and wonder why there is a hole in their ceiling.

So, now I have to inform (You Know what it is?) Jerry that I have accidentally rammed my foot into my neighbour's apartment. I hope he does not make me pay for it. I could have been far worse, I could have fallen through the floor and ceiling then landed on their floor. My toe is bleeding a little and my calf is all scraped up. In the pict, you can see into the apt next door. ^_~

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo. Me thinks that Jerry set a booby trap for you and you fell for it. No pun intented. :p

You should have watched Indiana Jones before entering into that mess...Yikes!

Dave said...

All I see is a black hole. Oh sorry... whole.

By the way, when you leave Bingo what are you gonna write about? Seems like that hole of a city, sorry....whole, has provided you with many stories. Now whattayagonnado?

The D said...

Dave, what are you talking about?

phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

I'm sure in Puerto Rico there will be just as many stories to tell - no matter where you live there is always something going on, even if you're by yourself on a deserted island with seagulls crapping on you from up above

Anonymous said...

get tha fizzle outta bingo