Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I may need new glasses.

Wow, this one is a doozy.

I go to sleep at 10:30-11pm last night. My alarm wakes me up at 6am. I grab my phone and look at the time, it says 6:07am. Glasses go on, I rise and turn on the light. It is cold this morning.

I get up, walk up the stairs, and look at the time on the oven and the Microwave as I pass. 6:09.

I take a shower, shave, get dressed and head out to my car for the 30 min commute to work.

As I turn onto Great Seneca highway, I notice that the light is flashing red instead of singnaling as it usually does. I mark this in my mind under "odd" and continue on my way. I notice that no cars are on the road. Stranger still, I note and then decide to check the time on my car stereo.

The light has never worked on the stereo since I got the car. Don't ask me how to make it work, it just does not turn on. I flick on the map light and see that the time is 1:38 am.

Umm...no, my battery must have died. I pull out my phone and see that it is indeed 1:38 am.

I could not believe it. I had been woken up at 1 am and my sleep deprived mind and gooey eyes saw a 6 instead of a 1! I am glad I as only a min away from the apt when I realized this fact. It would have been odd to arrive at work a whole 6 hours before I was supposed to.

I turned my car around, went back to the house. Dropped all my clothes on the floor, hung my shirt, thought to myself, "Well, at least I don't have to shave.", and went to sleep for 4 hours.

What a night. Freaking alarm.

4 comments:

Josue' said...

you might want to mix in a watch...sleep is so elusive as it is and to make a mistake like that would totally piss me off....

The D said...

From years of not wearing a watch, I have grown accustomed to not having anything on my wrists. Pretty much as soon as I got my cell phone I stopped wearing a watch. Redundant tech and all. What I do need is my wonderful and classic alarm clock by my bed. It is still in storage somewhere. Once I get that baby, I am golden!

Anonymous said...

was that comic a morning wood reference?

phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

Don't like watches either; something else in the way, something else to lose, something else for someone to try steal from me. A cell phone is good enough for me, clocks are usually everywhere anyhow.