I am somewhat moved in to my apt. Because of the lack of clothes hangers, there are piles of clothes scattered around the bedroom that one must navigate around like Indiana Jones in that Inca temple. My bed sprung a leak the first night I slept there, which was quite the surprise at 3 in the morning. My efforts to fix the hole were met with disaster when the convenient little patch fix kit the bed came with proved quite useless. Not because it would not work, but because the glue package was dried solid. So, I slept on the floor in the living room.
Nevertheless, the next day I made myself a fine omelet then realized I had no where to eat it, so I ate it on my way to work. My commute is only 10 minutes! It can be 15 depending on when I leave the house.
My apt has a fireplace. I am not sure if I can use it, but I would have to buy wood and I will need to get a bear skin rug to lay in front of it. Perhaps I could take some candid photos in the style of Costanza?
My only issue is that the 18 year old daughter of my landlord seems to like to crank the heat to a Binarian loving 80°F! Just because you have another person sharing the bills does not mean it is ok to crank the heat. I will have to write a note to the land lady about this gross misuse. Personally, I prefer a cool 65°F. I do not enjoy sweating in my own house during winter!
I am heading to NY this weekend to pick up the rest of my belongings holed up in storage. I do not even have salt! No basics. I made Penang Chicken last night and my rice tasted so bland without that touch of olive oil and salt while it is cooking.
The chicken was good. I ate way too much of it. I love that thai stuff!
I also found out that a coffee shop a short walk down the street offers an open mic every Wed! Yay! I will have to break out the guitar and hit that up.
6 comments:
You can leave a pet inside that fireplace cave
sounds cosy
Note to Self: When packing clothes, pack hangers very close by.
Waterbed, eh? People still use those things? Too much overhead and….oh, leaks.
The fireplace is cool.
80degs is murderous! :( I’d be having a swift meeting to get that corrected.
You have no olive oil OR salt? Blasphemy! I would just eat the carpet...
Open mic at the coffee shop? Come on man, get out of starving artist mode…You gots a jerb now...you on yo way..movin on up even...but will it be to the eastside? :p
well man you are finally a part of society! congrats! seriously though we are all happy for you! you show the rocks whos boss!
podrido.
Post a Comment