Saturday, November 19, 2005

4 Pounds to Smuggle

I am leaving for Puerto Rico Sunday morning.

"But why are you going to PR, Dan?"

Elementary, my dear reader. My father needs me to look after Ofelia the Dog.

We have had Ofi for something like, 14 years. She is Old, but still a happy and active doggy. Unfortunates she was run over by a car last week. This would mark the fourth(4th) time she has been hit by a car. This dog is resilient. My father loves this dog more then any other thing in the world. So, I am being flown down to PR so as to take care of the dog while my father is at work.

Now, my father will never miss a beat in demanding that I finish my Thesis. Hell, I am trying to finish it and it just so happens that my work really started picking up the past couple of weeks. Well, as it would happen, Father demands my presence because we all know that I have nothing better to do then fly to PR for a week.

Nevertheless, it is a trip home. So, I look forward to going. I just hope Ofelia pulls through. At least I will get some reading done while I am down there, plus it is thanksgiving, which means my mothers superb cooking. Yay.

Ok, Back to reading about some sort of midnight Congress vote to pull out of Iraq. Like that is going to happen @_@

2 comments:

phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

Ha ! Congress... what a circus !!!

Anonymous said...

just when you thought it wasnt going to get political...