4 in the antemeridian I wake up take a shower and leave my house for Syracuse. I arrive at Chris and Kate's apt in Tully at 6am. As I roll up, I notice the place is dark.Shit.
I called up Kate, waking her but she was a good sport about her Husband telling her the wrong time. Chris has told her I was arriving at 8am, a full two hours before I got there. So, I woke her up, she woke up her visiting sister, had a slice of excellent bananabread, and left for the Airport. I was harassed by the security people because they needed to visually identify my locking carabiner. He searched my bag and ran it through the x-ray machine three times. Finally I asked him what he was looking for and he replied a carabiner, to which I said (because I could not actually touch my bag while they were looking through it) it is at the bottom of the bag. He could have found it in half a second if he had just asked me what he was looking for. After about 15 min, I got to my gate and sat for about 40 min for my flight. I hate US airways!
My flight to PR was overbooked so they just made it, sit anywhere you can find a seat, except first class, damn. I sat next to two half white and half Japanese kids who were on vacation with their parents. Nice kids, well behaved, and laughed at my jokes.
I watched Tim Burton's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I found it not such a bad film, not so much raping my childhood as taking another look at it. I liked that they fleshed out Willy Wonka's past. However, I could not understand what any of the Oompa Loompas were saying. Depp was just wacky as Wonka his voice was a little too...pedophilic?
Long story short, I got in, Father picked me up at the airport, 4 hours of sleep had I, Juan and Maggie gave me a ring, but I was no where near Viejo San Juan.
I am forcing painkillers and Antibiotics down the dogs throat. She is doing well. She is eating and walking now, but she is not 100% better. I hope she will be ok. Only time will tell.
1 comment:
Can you baby sit my daughter for me ? I'll send her to you, Federal Express to PR, in a box with an oxygen tank inside.
Post a Comment