Monday, September 18, 2006

Week end of Fun and Regret

Bass playing. I was playing bass at a party Friday night. I got that natural high you get when you play and it sounds great and the crowd is right there with you. I was probably playing for 3 hours strait. Strange things is that I suffered no blisters and no ill effects from that night. Such a great time. I was so happy. It was probably one of the best parties I have ever been to. So many good musicians at one point I was playing with a sax player and a trumpet player with Reed Rapping on the mic. Funk soul and some poetry slaming. Walked home with my bass slung over my shoulder at around 3:40 in the AM. My amp is still in their living room.

Puking on Kitchen linoleum. Well, after such a great night, I was at a party that took place on three floors of a building. Mostly undergrad's and mostly idiots. I was hassled at the door because this little prepubescent little fook wanted 3$ from me. I don't have that kind of money! So I told him I knew the people who lived there, and he still would not let me pass, finally I got in for free and then I paid for it later. I just ignored my limits and drank liquor then beer then liquor then beer again. A violent combination. I stumbled home and scared some people waiting for a cab as I recited some poetry to them. Then I got home and laid down in bed. Big mistake. All of the sudden I had a mouth full of puke, I run to my bathroom, but because I was still drunk, I stumbled onto my kitchen floor, and spewed the contents of my stomach all over. Then it kept coming. I was surprised by how much fluid my stomach can hold. All the time I was thinking, "What am I doing?! I am not in my early 20's anymore. I am too old for this shit!"

Let me just say, the morning was not a pretty site. Vomitus all over my floor and it smelled. It was 12 in the PM and I was still drunk, but there was cleaning to do. I cleaned my entire floor, mopped and everything. I am so glad I didn't puke on my carpet.

Today I am sore. My whole body hurts...all my muscles are sore. I believe this is from vomiting so much and straining myself. Every breath hurts along with every laugh and cough.

I once read that you know you are getting old when, "I'll never drink like that again!" is replaced with, "I just can't drink like I used to."

Let me assure you people. I'll never drink like that again.

7 comments:

Dave said...

You see, when you get older, you get smarter about your drinking. I could probably put back a 12 pack or more in a night and be ok, but I'm not interested in drinking cheap beer fast. I'm interested in drinking fine beers and spirits. I'm interested more in the combination of the taste and the effects and the situation rather than the effects themselves. You have to enjoy your drinking. Then again, hanging around a bunch of idiots who are binge drinking sometimes gives you the urge to put them in their place by consuming mass quantities. Oh well, live and learn, right?

Josue' said...

Tossing your stomach contents thanks to the brew. Sounds like a fine moment in one's life. :p

Anonymous said...

Fire water dangerous - I'm glad you didn't choke on the vomit

new jack city said...

sixpack of old mil
fieldwork with geology bill...

new jack city said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
new jack city said...

oh, and if you cannot enjoy and control your drinking, stop.

thats how i have to roll, because the only drinking i enjoy is, well, D, you know how it was...

Anonymous said...

PUKEING IS A SERIOUS ABDOMINAL WORKOUT!.....BAAAAARF! THREE MORE! YOU CAN DO IT! BAAAAAARF! BARF! BAAAAAAAAAARF!


Nice work....