Let me start chronologically:I get into University about 30 minutes earlier then I usually do on account of my father calling me at 7:30 in the AM. I reflect on how I used to get up at 6:30am on a daily basis. I consider myself a morning person. So, I walk into the office and start my mourning routine which involves: making my mourning cup of coffee, saying hello to the secretary, and watering my plants. Years ago, when I lost my great office with a window, I moved my plants into a large office known colloquially as "The Fish Bowl". Well, as I walked in to water my plants, I noticed that one little Jade plant was missing. The pot was still there, but the plant itself was gone. The dirt was not displaced, there was no mess on the floor. This was a cutting I took from the secretary's jade. A year I had nurtured it and watched its progress only to have some cruel person rip the plant from its root. I found the stem and the root still intact under the dirt. This really pissed me off and saddened me to no end. I can understand if one has a problem with me, but to take it out on my innocent little plant. Sick people, man. Who would have a vendetta so filled with hate that they could do such a thing and feel good about themselves?
I left a note on the pot which read, "To whoever killed my jade plant. You are a very bad person and I hope the faces of those you have wronged haunt your dreams. "
Then I ran into two acquaintances who could not be bothered to stay and chat for a bit. They just walked right past me. I am so tired of this place. I was working hard today(on a Friday I might add) to get some samples finished.
Ok, resume time.
17 comments:
Some people just don't care
you should just defend you thesis and get out of there....your plants would be happier, too. Living in fear sucks.
I must finish my research before I can leave, and don't think for a moment that I am taking my time with it. Also, I do not live in fear, I live in perpetual disgust at these people. I find that if one has to expectations, one is a lot happier. However, I never expected them to kill my plant. *Shrug* Live and learn.
Here's an idea...ask the secretary for another cutting...plant a boobytrap in the pot and be happy. :)
i did'nt say you were taking your time....but i would. How long have you been working on your thesis? Couple years? From the sound of it, you are close to finishing, right? As the Nike God might say....Just dofend it.
So what have you done? Or are you going to take the George W. Bush approach ("they just hate me because they are evil").
those vegetarian jade eaters just hate freedom. that's all there is to it.
There is nothing I could say that would satisfy your question. I suggest you ask yourself that very question...while looking in a mirror.
Of course I have, and it's a very healthy and illuminating mental exercise, that´s why I recommend it. For your own sake, don´t side-step the issue by suggesting I do what I suggested you do. I wish George W. wouldn´t do that either, for our country´s sake.
I suggest you take your own advice and stop side stepping the issue.
Are you this dense and annoying in person? No wonder people take it out on your poor plants...
How child like you are when you do not get what you want. You obviously are not finding what you are looking for. I cannot help you in your search. I am not this solace you seek. I am just a man. I suggest you seach elsewhere. It is obviously not working for you here. Condolences.
So, the answer is yes. That´s what I was lookin for. Thanks for your candor.
Why are you caught in this cycle? Have you no power over it? Are your actions not your own? I saw a slug eating a slug someone had stepped on and I thought of you. Free yourself. Free your mind. Let go.
Just a man? Very funny...no offense. Plants suck....Bush sucks....everyone hates me....Amerika sucks....chicks are stupid....my dad won't stop calling before i get up....blah blah nine eleven blah blah...G. Boyle is stupid....no offense.
Or not....Mojito.....LOOK IN THE MIRROR.
I love this blog, and "the D".
REPUBLICANS RULE THE WORLD!
P.S. Just looking to inspire humorous bantor.
feed me!
Some domestic pets want gay rights because there are no civil unions or marriages yet for gay domestic animals
Post a Comment