
What is there not to like about this film? The truth hurts? War is not Glorious. War is not something to be proud of. War is Hell...
The people who are all gung-ho in the country sadden me. If they showed what really happened on TV I am pretty sure that EVERYONE would call for an end to war. Vietnam reporters showed the people back home the horrors of war and the US Gov. learned their lesson. No more new reports about what really goes on. Because you don't want a pesky thing like the truth to make your citizens not want to support their war. I hate this Government. I hate what it stands for and what it does. Its actions are without empathy or concern for future consequence.
We need our own Guy Fawkes.
He should just Bitch Slap Congress. Over and over and over again. Vile Souless Maggots.
8 comments:
The one (or several) thing (or things) to not like about Jarhead is that most guys in the military think it's offbase and a stretch...I agree that war is its own set of negative-ness, but anytime there is a film about some segement of society (i.e., military), then that segment provides a unanimous disagreement to their portrayal, it just shows the capitalistic machine running strong w/o any regard for the real "truth."
As long as the box office numbers are good, the "reality" can get lost on the way to the bank...:p
So, you disagree that The US gave Saddam his WMD's? And you dissagree that the "real" reason the US was helping Kuwait was because of oil? And that some soldiers go a little insane when placed into insane situations?
Uh......if any of what you want me to disagree with you on was the reason for my reply, I would have kept it to myself since I gain nothing from trying to discuss those issues...My point was to mention military movies tend to create their own reality...True reality is different and those (not me, not you) soldiers on the inside usually laugh at these hollywood productions....
I hate clowns
So who wrote Jarhead? Oh that's right, it was written by a SOLDIER. I guess he was just making it all up.
and for that...YOU win absolutely....NOTHING... :P
oh, yes and the polls have consistently shown that soldiers and families of soldiers oppose the war.
and, ... oh i guess since i don't bother to watch these propaganda machines the rest of you refer to as movies and tv, thaat i should shut up. i will tell you that it's called programming for a reason though...
I oppose this war... if you want to even call it a war. FYI - I'm in the military. I get paid to assist in killing people unjustly. Maybe some day we will get a president who will wage a valid war (or military involvement) only when absolutely necessary.
Post a Comment