Thursday, May 25, 2006

My skin is Crawling!

I told you about how I was helping Ph.Dave at the junkyard on Monday. Well, something horrible happened that night. After I went to trivia and lost...again...for the 10th time in a freaking row, I went home, watched my recorded 24 and decided to hit the hay. Well, I walk to the bathroom, take off my shirt, and I see a spot on my chest that was not typical(i.e. not a birthmark). I pick it off me just in time to realize that it has legs and is crawling. I freak out and toss the thing to the floor. As you can guess, it was a TICK!

If I have any fear in this world, it is of Ticks and Lyme disease. I have but one recurring nightmare, and that is to be covered head to toe in crawling disease infested ticks. Aaaaahhhg!

There are no worlds to make you understand how freaked/grossed/heebie jeebied, I felt. Hell, I still feel like my skin is crawling. That is how much I hate and fear ticks.

I picked the little sucker up with a toilet paper roll, and put it an aluminum foil muffin mold filled with alcohol. It stopped crawling around after an hour while I searched my entire house for any accomplices. I wanted to put my cloths in a 55 gallon drum and burn them. My search did not turn up any more of those little devils. How I HATE TICKS!

Well, the good news is that it didn't bite me. It was not gorged with blood, it was just searching for a place to dig in(EWWW). I didn't sleep well because my mind kept feeling things crawling all over me. Exactly how I feel right now. Good news was that it was not a Deer Tick(Lyme carrier) but just an ordinary Wood Tick(Dog)

Excuse me, I have to shower in bleach. Later.

5 comments:

phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

I hate roaches, especially flying roaches, moths, and ticks... while camping or biking in the woods, it sucks when you find many of them all over, trying to find a warm spot. It is funny you mention ticks because today the doctor was asking me if I got bit by any ticks. Lyme disease doesn't take a few years to show effects, right ?

Josue' said...

Ticks are pretty evil. :(

Anonymous said...

Ticks? That's nothing. I got brown recluse spiders in my house. Hell one crawled over my foot the other day and I killed it. You have to belive that they won't bite you and they'll stay away. Just emenate an aura of hatred towards them and they'll avoid you.

Anonymous said...

emAnate an aura of hatred.

new jack city said...

shit, i just ignore them and my cat eats all the insects in the house.

remember at field camp when we all got bit up by ticks and sue potter got lyme disease? i think all the alcohol killed the lyme disease i could have gotten. then we toilet papered the campground bathroom and left an upper decker. haha! the memories...