Friday, August 11, 2006

Is there such a thing as being Too Puerto Rican?

This one is a doozy. This event transpired last night. This was amazing, and to my credit I didn't freak out and start yelling at this Painfully Ignorant Girl.

This is my first night out since I wrecked my beautiful car. My buddy Xcott gave me a ride. It was a farewell party for Bio Dave, that was Hawaiian themed, and it was a really nice party. So, I am ready to leave, because Xcott was ready to go, and this woman I will call her PIG, abbreviated from the above description. PIG decides to tell me, in her drunken slurring way, that "I talk too much about being Puerto Rican. Why do you have to Force your Puerto Rican-ness on us?"
As you can Imagine, I was stunned. She thinks I talk about being a Rican too much. That it annoys everyone and forces me out of "The Group." I handled it as a learning experience as in I gots to Drop the Knowledge. I asked her if she knew any ethnic people, to which PIG replied, "I used to live in Florida and I know thousands." I told her that she must not have actually known these thousands of people. I told her that since she was the only one saying anything (Everyone else around us didn't say a word, even when I asked for some confirmation) that I don't view it as my problem, I view it as her problem. She is the only one who has issues so she is the one who has to change. She is the insecure one. I mean, what makes a person feel uncomfortable about some one else talking about their race?

I was not boasting about my race, I just mentioned that Puerto Ricans love talking politics and we expect to hear your opinion. If you don't have an opinion, people think you are odd.

Oh, but it gets better.

She then proceeds to tell me, "YOU don't LOOK like a Puerto Rican."

I HATE when people say this to me. I replied, as I always do to this statement, "What does a Puerto Rican look like?" She never answered me. Instead she claimed, "I look more Puerto Rican than I do." (Let me add here that she is so unnaturally tan that she looks like a leather hand bag)

So, apparently talking about Puerto Ricans upsets her and she seems to think that all Puerto Ricans are black. Oh, and Florida is solely populated by Puerto Ricans.

After the Puerto Rican statement, I had had enough. I wanted to call PIG an ignorant fool who has no idea what the fuck she is talking about and should really just shut the fuck up. You should have seen the faces of the people around us. They were quiet and l looking at her as if to say, "STFU you dumb bitch." I will resort to malicious name calling because this is my world! I am king of this BLOG!

Anyway, I will end this post with my conclusion:

PIG = HARDCORE RACIST.

I never want to see this woman again nor will I get into a conversation with her. She has issues that are beyond anyone's ability to fix. Worst of all, she will never see what she did wrong. Wasted words and time. Let me also add that she is a Republican and believes Bush is doing a heck of a job.

Just another experience added to my desire to get the hell out of this place.

6 comments:

phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

Sounds like a class "A" moron

Anonymous said...

Don't equate being a Republican to being racist. (Although I am aware that this is almost impossible for you!)

The D said...

Alas, my dear Sister, there have been studies conducted that concluded that the more racist a person is, the more likely they are to be a republican. But I never implied that, you did.

Josue' said...

Too Puerto Rican, eh? And to think, you don't even "look like one" either...man, that chick sounds like a charm.

I also would have dropped a verbal KO on her ethnocentric ace...

new jack city said...

you should ask her if she can prove that she's white (most white people can't).

my KO would not have been verbal, but might have involved a hate-fucking followed by the donkey punch and encored with the cleveland steamer.

most republicans aren't even conservative. george bush certainly isn't. how could we trust them not to be racist?

Anonymous said...

she didnt live in orlando...