At most, I think people have about a second of understanding for ones problems, but then they turn around and say, "Glad that was not me." and go about their business as usual.They say, "If you need anything, give me a call." But they don't really mean it. Not when you really need them. What kind of people will desert you when you are at your lowest?
The "friends" I have, that is who. At least Ph.Dave helped me out. He is a good kid. If not a little flaky. ^_^
Luke was about ready to drive down from Rochester just to help me out. Yet my so called "friends" refused to drive 20 min to help me out. They even stopped answering their phones and never returned any of my calls. I wash my hands of them and all these other folks who offered me no help with no excuse and not even a kind word as to my well being. What did I ever do to them? People baffle me with their actions. If I did something wrong to someone, I should at least expect to be told. As far as I know, I did nothing to them. Yet here we are. Treat others as you want to be treated is my motto.
Luke is already looking online for a diesel car for me. That is a real friend. Mostly because he wants to start making bio-diesel and wants to experiment with my car. I am all for that. As long as I have something that goes 70mph and gets great gas mileage.
9 comments:
bon chance
White man say they are friend, but take land because of selfishness
so it goes...
got any land?
oh yeah, an so now you've been shown how the others wish to be treated. there's no need to get upset about it or cut contact (unless that's how you want to be treated), just move forward secure in the knowledge that you have about you aquaintences, that's all.
did you want me to fly to bingo, rent a car, and wait on you every need?
CJ,
If it would not be to much trouble, sure. As for that, yeah, if I treat others with great amounts of disrespect and abandon them when they need me the most and call them claiming to help them, then never show up. Yeah, I expect them to just walk away from me, because I would be a person not worth knowing.
apparently i can't put an r on the end of your.
well, you know i have that thing about planes where i just can't hang at 35,000 feet and not have a panic attack. but if you fly here you can crash at my place and eat my food, but you have to get your own job soon enough.
everyone is worth knowing, some are just worth knowing at a level that is more distant than others.
for example, i got into a disagreement with a friend's wife last week. she insisted that all Christians were intolerant and so forth. i told her that wasn't my experience, that i have met a lot of really wonderful people and so on. she got more and more personally negative towards me, interupted nearly every sentence, told me that i had my experiences soley becayse i'm a white male, told me i said a bunch of things i didn't say, and when i told her i didn't appreciate being spoken to in anger she said "that's so sexist - this is how women argue."
So I could take the whole thing personally and blame her, and be okay because I'm in the right for doing that - except that I can't afford anger since it affects my blood pressure and gives me increased chronic pain. So I had to step back and realize that she has some unresolved issues that she's not ready to take care of, and that she's been socialized to be angry and intolerant. Finally, as to my own part, I could have left the conversation sooner or avoided the subject altogether. Thus, while realizing my own faults, I'm also not going over there for a while.
People are generally socialized to offer help, whether they mean it or not. What you can do is ask them if they really mean it, then keep requests minimal. As I said, now you know that those people are aquaintences and you can treat them as such. However, your anger still affects only you and your health. is it worth it?
so it goes.
got any land for sale?
I find it quite humourous that someone would claim that one group is intolerant while being intolerant themselves.
People baffle me.
I see your point. But they even set up a time when they would help me, then never returned my calls or answered the phone. What is a man to do. I will list them as aquaintences. They are nothing more. All these bad experiences wont stop me from being friendly and offering my help in any way that I can to whoever offers. I wont let them drag me down.
exactly. fuck them crackas if they can't take a joke. or keep an appointment. that sort of thing is kind of important, i would be miffed myself. don't stop taking their beer when offered, though (or in my own case, i take their food when offered).
intolerence in the name of peace love and understanding will get you bill clinton and george bush elected president.
people carrying signs
mostly say hooray for our side
did i tell you i went to see CSNY last week? it was the shizznit.
Post a Comment