"Let everyone one in love come and see. I want to break Venus' ribs with clubs and cripple the goddess' loins. If she can strike through my soft chest, then why can't I smash her head with a club?"This was written on a wall in the Basilica of Pompeii, perserved by the layers of ash from the Nuee Ardante.
If you have time to Waste
People back then were so different as they are today.
This one I particularily liked, "The man I am having dinner with is a barbarian".
Yeah, I know the period is outside the quotes, but I think that logically that
is the way it should be and since this is by blog, I will do what I want.
Post Script, This weekend I was in Rochester for Rob's Birthday party and I was playing with Hunter, his four month old. I was also playing with Jake's eight month old named Alexandra. I really love children, and I was bombarded with question of, "When will you have a baby?" Which just pissed me off so that I had to reply, "When I start Budding!" Maybe someday I will actually meet a woman who will want to breed with me.