Wednesday, December 07, 2005

If roles were reversed...

Well, I did it. I talked to the Prof. today about his accusatory tone on Friday. As I expected, he just said "Ok." so matter of factually that it was obvious that he did not believe me. I might as well have been telling him that I discovered plate tectonics for all the good it would have done.

In the immortal words of Luke: "PHUKET!"

Now, on to the message. Today as I got off the bus there was a girl walking in front of me that I noticed has a nice nubile body. As she stepped off the bus, she slipped on some ice on the sidewalk and fell over. I quickly helped her up and asked if she was alright, when I noticed that it was someone that I knew. I said hello Layla* that was a nasty fall, are you ok? To which she smiled said nothing and walked away.

The reason for her actions are that she was fed lies about me my a particularly rude and perpetually angry man who is no longer residing in the continental United States.

Ok, where was I? Oh yeah, Layla*. Now I know that if roles were reversed and I were the one to take a spill on the icy sidewalk, she would just walk right over me without so much as a look of pity in my direction. Oh well, in the immortal worlds of Bob Dylan,

Well, I rung the fallout shelter bell
And I leaned my head and I gave a yell,
"Give me a string bean, I'm a hungry man."
A shotgun fired and away I ran.
I don't blame them too much though,
I know I look funny.

Down at the corner by a hot-dog stand
I seen a man, I said, "Howdy friend,
I guess there's just us two."
He screamed a bit and away he flew.
Thought I was a Communist.

I need to get off of this Merry-Go-Round.

*Name changed because of assholes. But dont you have Eric Claptons song stuck in your head now?

5 comments:

phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

Wow... what an ungrateful woman

new jack city said...

you gots to let it go, man. a lot of people talk shit because they are afeared you'll get in it before they do (human beings make suprisingly few moves). Doesn't that make you feel sorry for them? I get a lot of people who shit talk me around the 12-step thing I do (generaly because I have opinions and I express them well, if a bit forcefully; and because I hang out at the club and drink pepsi and play music). First thing I do is check to see if they are right - if so, I work on that. If they are wrong, I let it go and assume it will work itself out as people who are interested (which is not all that many, i'm not really the center of the universe, just of my perceptual universe) see that I am not the person described to them. Plus, if I don't get upset about shit, there's no motivation for them to keep talking shit, 'cause it hasn't hurt me.

Anonymous said...

dont hold a grudge against all women, just that one and her ilk.

The D said...

Am I blaming all women? I didnt think so.

CJ, Water's wet, Sky's blue, People are morans. What am I not letting go of? People always talk shit, that is just a fact of life. What is sad is how people get pre-conceived notions in their head and think that that is the way it is. Remember, the greatest barrier to Learning is Knowing.

new jack city said...

and the greatest barrier to Knowing is thinking.

however, you are cleary upset by the situation, it shows in the writing. and i'm clearly attached to something here, or i wouldn't even be writing...