Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Blasta froma da Pasta..

So, I found an old Zip disk of mine and decided to get my info off of it and I found some rare gems on said disk. Not the 80's cartoon type, but just as good. Namely my trip to Alaska in the Summer of 98, or 99 I do not quite remember...no, it was '99. Nevertheless, said picture was taken at 3 in the AM. Brian and I had met a group of guy from NYC. We drank the night away singing to the guitar and talking about things that have long since left my memory. I so enjoyed that trip. I left my poor car somewhere in Fairbanks. We hitchhiked from Fairbanks down to Anchorage and some places East. I remember making noises to ward off any bears while looking for fire wood. I also recall poor Brian getting stood up by some woman he hitched a ride with earlier that day. She left him to get eaten by mosquito's. They say Alaska has a shortage of women, but let me tell you that the women that are there are freaking beautiful. If one wants to see an unspoiled wilderness, one must surely go to Alaska.

4 comments:

phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

I heard there's good fishin' there too

Anonymous said...

and hunt-in'

The D said...

Most of what I remember is people kept asking me for drugs. Maybe they thought I was a dealer? All I know is that I must have looked like a dirty hippie.

new jack city said...

didn't sharon peters move to alaska? there's an unspoiled wilderness for you. oops, i said that out loud, eh?

you know, being that i am an actual living hippie that is sometimes dirty in the times i don't shower (saturday and sunday), and being that i don't get asked to sell drugs to people ever anymore, or even if I want to get high (i don't), i'm not sure that's the answer. i think it's because igonrant crackers make a lot of assumptions about the brown-skinned male...