Thursday, September 01, 2005

No Respect.

Ok, Slowly I turned...step by step.

I got off the bus for my daily stroll through Rec Park on my way home. As I pass by some apartments bordering the park, I see this childe of about 5 with his mouth pressed against the open window. He is puffing out his cheeks in a perfect example of childhood. As I see this and think about how I would do the same when I was a childe a smile creeps to my face. Without warning this little bastard gives me the finger, which quickly saps my happy feeling.

What is wrong with the Yutes of Today?
It is as if they are not being raised. Like there are no parents to teach them anything. So many unwanted children wander their own houses. I weep for the future.

6 comments:

phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

That's right ! Children these days have no respect. Could someone tell me what ethnic group in America has the most disrespectful YUTES ?

Josue' said...

The kids of today are being raised by mommy (TV) and daddy (XBOX) or their step-daddy (PS2) and will grow up to be nice citizens....In other words, ships sans rudders...scary thought, but personal responsibility in today's society is a mere suggestion to many people....

Anonymous said...

I weep for the present.

new jack city said...

i always enjoy seeing a child giving the finger. it means that any potential future little jackson's that may occur will be able to out-compete that child for scarce resources and survive to pass on my slightly less defective genes.

Anonymous said...

Don't get discouraged by the youngsters out there. It is like our pal Alex, from Anthony Burgess's Clockwork Orange (the English version, not American version). They may be stinkers now, but still, they are only children. They have potential to be great human beings one day, despite the frequent use of the middle finger as a child. Yes, some will grow up to be horrible adults, like many children did from past generations (for examples check any history book). To say the entire generation of children is doomed, is nonsense.

Have a happy Labor Day.

Oh, by the way, Alex is now all grown up and plays a part in Entourage on HBO. I love that show.

The D said...

Viking Quest!

One would also add that In the Book, Clockwork Orange, Alex was about 15 years old. In the movie he looks more like 18-25 years old. I find that the story gains an even more disturbing aura when you think that the actions are that of a 15 year old.