Sunday, August 14, 2005

Apples in the orchard

So...two wounds on my arm are getting infected while the rest seem to be flaking off. This sucks. They are really starting to hurt. It rained so hard and crazy yesterday that I thought it was a tornado. I mean, the wind was throwing the rain around like a hurricane. I love severe weather. It is something that just thrills me to the core. Makes me long for a huge window or porch where I can sit down and watch the rain coming down. Rain on a Sunday afternoon, is there anything better?

Friday was a grand day till it went to hell. Friday my good friends, Joel and Melissa, showed up at school. It was good to see them. We went out to a late lunch and all was good in the world. But, as we all know, nothing lasts forever, and as I was sitting in my office smiling at how good the day was, it was all shattered. Reasons why will have to wait, suffice to say, "Life is what you make it" and definitely out of the influence of others(Bush) to squash your day like a toddler holding a hamster.

Here are a few quotes especially for you:

"Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame."
~Benjamin Franklin

"A man is measured by the size of things that anger him."
~Geof Greenleaf

"Be not angry that you cannot make others as you wish them to be, since you cannot make yourself as you wish to be."
~ Thomas a Kempis

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol, Dubya looks scary in that pic.

Josue' said...

"For the love of God, shake me! Shake me like a British nanny!"
-Stewie Griffin

phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

Eat is Squeaka !!!

Anonymous said...

LOL @ Squeaka.

Anonymous said...

Who am I?

The D said...

Interestingly enough, that is something that no one person can tell another. You must find out who you are on your own. Some would say that may be the meaning of life itself, Knowing ones self.
I salute you on your first step toward a journey that would undoubtedly take most of your life. All I can tell you is that you are Anonymous; a most advantageous position to be in. Like a warm blanket on a cold night, or the haven of a coward.

Preference I leave in your hands.

Nosce te ipsum.

Anonymous said...

"You hardly know who I am or what I mean". --WW

Try again.