Thursday, August 11, 2005

Seventh Man Out

The World hates a single guy. When you are single you are constantly reminded that you are single. Worse yet, the only people you hang out with are all couples. As a single man, you learn to really despise couples. You are doomed to be left out, left of center, the proverbial "Lonely Singer" that poor sap that sings for the band but plays no instrument so he just sits there gesturing to the audience, clapping, doing unnatural things to the microphone, worst of all, playing the tambourine. One must feel sorry for the "Lonely Singer", as couples probably feel sorry for the single man.
Now, I mind not hanging out with one couple, but when add any more to that and it gets annoying. Each couple in their little clique. Each one holding each other, having each other, laughing at little inside shite. That was how my night ended. It was all fine with the baby at the party, but when the baby left, all focus went back to each other, leaving me sitting on the chair, alone, listless, and getting annoyed. It's enough to make one puke. Sometimes I think I am just going to freak out on them Ala Ben Kingsley Style in Sexy Beast
"No No No No No No No No No No No No No
No No No No No No No No No No No No No!"

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, what a sad post. Next time I go up there, I'm finding you a woman.
P.S. That Aerosmith guy fits the singer mold, but people love him. It's about using what you got, homie.

phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

You'll know when a woman truly cares about you. In the future you'll be occupied by her and not lonely anymore. Like Star Wars, there's always hope D.

The D said...

WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT!?!?! Caleb..where the hell did you come up with that comment from what I said?

Anonymous said...

So essentially you are competing with a baby for attention...

The D said...

EEEEEEHHH, Sorry, go back to the entry, read for context. I was not seeking attention. I was seeking a level playing field where people were just people and not couples. Where discussion was equally dispersed between everyone, a sort of open and inclusive environment, and not just between couples.

Anonymous said...

leaving me sitting on the chair, alone, listless, and getting annoyed


in anotherwise empty room?

The D said...

Yeah...you know what? I am not going to hold your hand through this story. Take from it what you will. You are free to do that. That's the funny thing about word strung together in sentences, they are like onions.